Spicy is no more the favorite taste that people look for having in meals or snacks. People now look more for a healthy diet with grills and roasts that call for less spice and more flavor. A gas grill is an ideal thing that anyone will like to buy at this point. Best portable gas grill set up is not very cost effective. So you need to know what features you should check first before you buy a gas grill.
Why choose a gas grill and not a charcoal grill? Well, handling coal is not only feeling dirt but also using up a limited stock of fuel. Gas grill saves you all the headache of cleaning. Another advantage of gas grills can be their tendency to get heated up faster compared to the charcoal ones. Also, you can’t control the temperature in charcoal run grills. But here it is easy; just turn a knob to do it.
Features to check when you buy Gas Grill:
When you buy important heavy body kitchen item like a gas grill, you should always check the features to know if it is exactly what you require. Safety features are definitely the main thing that you should consider. Refer to the below checklist to identify the points to be considered while buying a gas grill-
- The requirement of multiple numbers of burners – For any outdoor cooking it is a mandate to have at least two burners for cooking in 2 zones. The number of burners gives better ability to cook one or more item side by side. If it’s a roast requiring slow cooking, then place the item in the indirect cooking zone. If you need crisp roast, then the direct cooking zone is functional.
2. Infrared features – If your grill has features of infrared cooking, then it means there will be uniform heating. In such cases, you can’t have 2 zones for cooking.
3. Quality check – You need to have a quality check for the gas grills you buy. The burners shouldn’t be aluminum or steel bodied as they tend to corrode. When you buy, look for a stainless steel burner, or the ones made of cast aluminum and brass.
- Lid- A lid is a must for any grill, especially if you want 2 zone cooking.
- Convection is desired– Look for convection or infrared gas grillers
- Check for Rotisserie Kits with gas grills. They give ease to cooking and save cost. However, the Rotisseries come as an optional kit along with the main griller
- Additional burners- The new variations of gas grillers come with additionalburners known as the infrared burners. They are meant to provide extra heat to the meat to make them dark by searing while roasting.
- Choice of Gas – When you buy a gas grill you get to choose between Liquid Propane and Natural gas. The suggestion comes for utilizing LP as it is easy for storage purpose once it’s turned into a liquid under pressure. If you use natural gas, it’s mostly methane.